Please read the Terms and Conditions of the 5th SDAY below carefully. By entering this competition, entrants declare that they agree to all these articles.
1. All entries must meet moral and ethical standards accepted world-wide, and be in accordance with the theme, purposes, and regulations of this Award. The Secretariat reserves the right to refuse to accept entries which it considers do not meet these standards.
2. The Entrant hereby acknowledges and warrants that the Entrant is the sole owner of the Design and owns all rights， including but not limited to copyright, design rights and all other proprietary and intellectual property rights in or pertaining to the Design. Any infringement would result in immediate disqualification of the entrant and total withdrawal of his or her entries. SCCDA should be indemnified against all actions, claims, loss, damages, costs and expense which it may incur or has incurred as a result of any infringement.
3. The Entrant hereby represents and warrants that the Design is original and independently created and does not infringe, breach, prejudice or violate the property, interests or rights (including but not limited to contractual rights, user rights, copyright, design rights, patents and all other proprietary and intellectual property rights whether registered or otherwise) of any third party. The Entrant agrees to fully indemnify SCCDA against all actions, claims, loss, damages, costs and expenses which it may incur or has incurred as a result of any breach of this representation or warranty. Should it prove in retrospect that a registered or even awarded entrant breaches third-party rights, SCCDA reserves the right to disqualify the Entrant and revoke the relevant Award. The above liability provisions apply accordingly to all items supplied by SCCDA in connection with the Entrant's participation in the Award.
4. The Entrant hereby grants, on a gratuitous basis free of any fee, royalty or remuneration, to SCCDA, the organizer of SDAY, the right or license to use, edit, amend, copy, reproduce or publish in any size the Design (which includes but is not limited to drawings, artworks, photographs, images, sketches, transparencies, sculptures, models, prototypes, and printed or digital materials) submitted for the Award or any part thereof in the promotional/exhibition materials or any publications in any media or medium related to the Award.
5. The Jury will have the right to determine the number of winners， and the right not to name a winner for any of the awards. The Entrant agrees that the decisions of the Jury will be final. No appeal will be entertained.
6. SCCDA reserves the right to cancel, in part or in whole, postpone or bring forward the Award for any reason and is not obliged to reimburse entrants for any expenses related to such cancellation. While tangible works can be returned upon requests with entrants covering all relevant costs, all submitted material(s) relating to the Award will not be returned.
7. The Winner of the Award agrees that his/her winning design will be displayed in such exhibitions at the decision of SCCDA for a period of minimum one year subsequent to the competition, and agrees to provide information as requested by SCCDA about the winning design for future activities, including but not limited to reports, publicity, marketing and exhibitions.
8. The Winner of the Award agrees to cooperate with SCCDA to promote the Award and play an active role in relevant promotional activities in the future upon request.
9. The entrant agrees to obtain approval by SCCDA beforehand on using the endorsement mark in printing.
10. These terms and conditions shall be governed by the laws of the People’s Republic of China and the local laws of the City of Shenzhen. Any claim or dispute must be determined exclusively by the courts in the City of Shenzhen.
11. These terms and conditions are prepared in both English and Chinese languages. If there is any inconsistency between the English version and the Chinese version, the Chinese version shall prevail.